If there’s one versatile ingredient that can never go wrong, it’s paneer or cottage cheese. This ingredient is a delight for vegetarians and can be used in a variety of recipes. Whether as a wholesome paneer curry like kadai paneer, paneer makhani or in the form of a smacking snack like paneer pakora or paneer tikka, a paneer dish is guaranteed to do everything right. However, recipes like Kadhai Paneer, Shahi Paneer, Matar Paneer are made by frying the paneer to give them a perfect crispy and crunchy texture. But have you noticed that the paneer becomes hard after frying, which is difficult to chew? We found a simple hack to solve this problem. Just look.
Also read: Kitchen Hacks 101: These quick tricks will make your life so much easier
Steps to follow to make paneer soft and fluffy after frying:
- Heat oil in a pan on high flame. Wait for the oil to get hot.
- Turn the high flame to low and add paneer cubes.
- Keep stirring to avoid burning and sticking.
- Once the paneer cubes are fried to perfection, place them in a bowl of cold water.
- Leave the paneer cubes in the bowl for about 7-8 minutes.
- Gently squeeze the cubes to remove excess water from them.
- Add the dice to your favorite sabzi and you’re good to go.
Note: If this cold water technique doesn’t work for you. You can also try hot water. All you have to do is add salt to a bowl filled with warm water and then add the fried paneer pieces. Wait 7-8 minutes and you’re done!
Most restaurants, cafes and dhabas use the same technique to soften their paneer. Try this easy paneer hack and let us know how it worked for you. If you’re a fan of crispy paneer recipes, click here for some delicious treats.