As of 2022, YouTube has more than 2.6 billion monthly active users who spend hours watching content on the platform. Some use YouTube to watch vlogs, others to learn and educate themselves, while many use it to listen to their favorite songs and more.
However, we’ve all been in the situation where we wanted to watch our favorite videos on YouTube but couldn’t because of a bad network connection. Also imagine you are traveling to a remote place or have a long-haul flight and you want to watch YouTube videos. what is the best way? Well, the best way is to download YouTube videos to Android phone or tablet and enjoy them later.
How to Download YouTube Videos on Android
But how to download YouTube videos on Android? Where are the downloaded videos saved? Do not worry; We will closely examine the best ways to save YouTube videos to your gallery.
1. YouTube Premium: The recommended way to download YouTube videos on Android
The best and only official way to download YouTube videos to Android device is by using YouTube Premium. With YouTube Premium, you get an ad-free experience, support for YouTube Music, background playback, picture-in-picture, and more. Most importantly, you get access to unlimited native video downloads.
I have an active YouTube Premium subscription, but how do I download videos to my Android device? Well, we’ll find out.
Steps to Download Videos on YouTube with YouTube Premium
- Open the YouTube app on your Android device and sign in YouTube Premium with your activated Google account.
- Now play the video that you want to download to your Android device.
- Then tap the download icon right below the video.
- A pop-up window will appear. choose yours preferred video quality here and click Download. You also have the option to save your download preferences so that you can start downloading videos directly and effortlessly next time.
2. TubeMate: Android app to download YouTube videos
Another popular method to download YouTube videos on Android is TubeMate, but there’s a catch. What is it? Google does not support downloading YouTube videos from unauthorized sources, therefore TubeMate app is not available for download on Google Play Store. However, you can sideload the app on your Android device using the link below.
Now let’s take a look at how to download YouTube videos on Android with TubeMate.
Steps to Download YouTube Videos on Android with TubeMate
- Download and Install TubeMate on your Android device via this link.
- Open the app and grant the app the necessary permissions.
- Upon launch, you’ll be greeted with a familiar YouTube screen. Here you can browse the YouTube video you want to download and play it on your Android device.
- Then tap green download icon in the top right corner of the screen. A new pop-up window will then appear with a whole range of options.
- Choose your preferred video quality from the pop-up window and the YouTube video will be downloaded to your Android device. Unlike YouTube Premium, you also have the option to download only the audio of the video. This can be very handy when you just want to download the music from a specific video in MP3 format and more.
3. Vidiget: Download YouTube videos on Android using your browser
If you are someone who wants to download videos on Android but don’t want to buy premium subscription or sideload APKs from unknown sources, then you can give Vidiget one try.
Vidiget allows you to download YouTube videos simply by using your favorite browser like Google Chrome/Firefox on your Android device. Using the site isn’t particularly complicated either. Just copy the URL of the YouTube video you want to download and paste it in the link below. Then follow the on-screen instructions to download the video to your Android device.
Downloading YouTube videos on Android made easy
With the methods we have introduced in this article, you can skillfully download popular videos on Android and watch them offline. Want to know more about hidden YouTube features? Yes? Check out this link to learn more.
Let us know in the comments if you found this article helpful and successfully downloaded YouTube videos on Android.
Frequently asked questions about YouTube video downloaders on Android
In addition to the methods we have presented in this article, you can also use an open-source project called NewPipe, which comes with a background download option. NewPipe is a free YouTube client that has a few tricks up its sleeve. If you want to know all of them in detail, we have already written a detailed article about NewPipe.
Now let’s see how to download YouTube videos on Android using NewPipe:
- Download and Install NewPipe on your Android device using the link below.
- Open the app and search for the YouTube video you want to download.
- Play the YouTube video and click download icon below the video playback screen.
- A new pop-up window will appear. Here, select your preferred video resolution and click Download again.
Like other popular streaming apps, only if you download YouTube videos on Android from official YouTube app, the video will be saved in the app. This means that once downloaded, you cannot share the video on the YouTube app. Suppose you download YouTube videos from unofficial third-party sources on Android. They are stored on the internal storage of your Android device, so you can easily share them with others.
According to Google, downloading YouTube videos from unknown sources is illegal and may also lead to account termination. The search giant insists that users officially download YouTube videos by paying for a premium subscription. TechPP recommends going the official route to avoid future Google Account issues.
If you want to download YouTube videos to your Android device using Google Chrome, you can use Vidiget. We have already covered Vidiget in detail in this article so that you can get an accurate picture of the website there.
TubeMate is the best free YouTube video downloader for Android. It has a built-in search function to help you find videos and a video preview function that lets you see what you’re downloading before you start downloading. It also supports a range of formats including MP4, MP3, and WAV. Everything you want in a droid YouTube downloader.
You can use YouTube downloaders for Android like TubeMate or VidMate. These apps allow you to download YouTube videos in one click, and you can also use them to download YouTube videos to your iPhone and computer.
Assuming you don’t have YouTube Premium and want to download your own videos from YouTube without an app, you can use a web service like “Vidiget” right in your favorite Android browser. Just enter the link of the video you want to download and you’re done!
There are a few things to avoid when downloading YouTube videos on Android.
- First, avoid downloading videos that are copyrighted. This means that you should not download videos that belong to someone else and have been uploaded to YouTube without their permission.
- Second, you should avoid downloading videos that are under a Creative Commons license. These licenses allow the creator of the video to dictate how it can be used and shared, and you may not have the rights to download and use the video however you want.
The procedure to download YouTube videos on Chromebook is the same as on Android. You can use any of the three ways to download YouTube videos on Chrome OS:
- Using YouTube Premium.
- With the TubeMate app.
- Using the Vidijet service on Chrome.
You can use one of the many working YouTube to MP3 converters to download YouTube audio to mp3 alone. One of the most popular is mp3download.to, which can convert a YouTube video link you input into an mp3 or wav file in seconds.
YouTube Premium is the official way to download YouTube videos on Android. However, if you don’t have a subscription and are trying to download your own content, you can try TubeMate app to download YouTube videos to Android phone or tablet.